My schedule got rearranged today because of some people that had different scheduled I needed to meet with so although I had a counseling appointment today, I couldn't go to NAMI group. Well I get to CW early for it and the group leader is still there and comes out to chat with me, asking me why I couldnt come to group and so on. So I told her and we start chit chatting and she tells me about this lady thats going through alot of the same things I've been going through with Mike and such. I didnt really think of it as more then conversation that goes on between NAMIAN's but then she walks of and nonchalantly mentions that they want me to be her peer counselor so I go "But Denise I havent even finished the consumer training" so she said I know but you have been making such progress and had such growth we really think you'd be good working with people even now. so I agreed to tell her to call me so we shall see but wow. It has to be only God that did that because I didnt even ask to be used right now Im just going to learn.
So anyways another neat thing that happened for me today is I've been missing the Christmas tradition of stockings because my mom had decided years ago that its too much of a bother for her so she didnt want to do that anymore so we all just went with it even though it was a missing piece.
My sister picked me up today and she goes "Do you want your early Christmas present today or tomorrow?" like Im gonna say tomorrow to a present, right. Lol Guess what it was :D a stocking fully loaded. I almost cried it meant so much to me. I guess because of the healing I'm still needing that was a part of God's hug for me. I really had a good day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment