Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life has been nuts

After my surgery on January 14th I spent 2 weeks in the hospital, 2 weeks in the rehab center then the last 2 weeks in a nursing home. All be it a nice nursing home but still a nursing home. I've been home about a month now but I am just getting over the after effects of all that.
I was told that the surgery would be no big deal. Just a small incision and a light brace and I should be able to get around and do what I needed to do "no problem". Well that would have been true except they didn't tell me that I'd be spread eagle in the brace and it would be from the waist down so ya. I couldn't sit up, I couldn't take care of myself and I definitely couldn't do anything fun.
So I had to quick make arrangements to be in the long term care facilities which you would think would be easy but nooo. They have such strict rules getting into those places and the red tape stuff is ridiculous. I was already in pain but now I had to deal with stupid people who didnt want to divee up money. Oh boy how much fun its going to be now that the health plan went through. NOT.
Anyways the Mike thing STILL isnt done. I am so freaking schizophrenic about the whole thing that I think I need to be locked up. One minute Im missing him and wanting desperately to hang on to the legal separation so I dont have to totally let go of the marriage and the next minute I just want the divorce to get the whole thing out of my face. Im telling ya if I didnt have a month to wait on this "holding period" my mind would be so much more calm cause I could just go and get it done and not have to think about this any more.
Sometimes I think I have so many doubts that I shouldnt make a decision right now but other times I remember the bad things and the doubts go away. Somebody please knock some freaking sense in me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment